Summer of Creative Chemistry Week 4

This weeks challenge was Archival Inks.  This is what I got:






I'll admit I find the Archival ink thing tricky so i decided to have another shot  at one of my less successful techniques the last time I did Creative Chemistry 101 -  Archival resist.


I used tiny textures stamps (without a block)  with my Chrome Yellow, Aquamarine, and Rose Madder inks.    They're the only light/bright Archival inks I have.  To get some variety, I smooshed the pads on my craft sheet, and 'mixed them' by dipping the stamp in one colour, then another  You can see below, I got a reasonable purple and an okayish green out of it.



Then I used Chipped Spphire, Aged Mahogny, Walnut Stain and Pine Needles to go over them.  I love how vibrant they are on gloss paper.

Mounting on a plain Vanilla Tag looked a bit boring, so I sprayed my tag with all manner of sprays first.  Perfect Pearl Biscotti and aheirloom gold, Tattered Angels Peach, Copper, and Lemon, and also an Orange from Cosmic Shimmer.  Like all the other cosmic shimmer i have tried, the nozzle was hopelessly clogged, so i used the nozzle tube to spatter the tag with larger drops instead.

(Apologies for the photo.  By this point, Wimbledon had started, its peak british summertime, and so naturally several feet of water was coming down outside, cutting out the light and I had to use the flash.)




Finally I just finished off with stamping images in black.  I think a more solid stamp might have given a better effect.  I thought about filling in with a marker, but my copics and sharpies are all translucent, so when i tried it on a piece of scrap, it was obvious it wasn't going to work, so I left it.

Also, pro tip.  Don't bother trying this on  Specialty Stamping paper for a matte look.  It doesn't really work:


Comments

Popular Posts